Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Olympic Basketball Player Wire Project

Olympic Basketball Player 

My goal for this wire project is portray her power and strength (muscles), 
capture the essence of her gesture, and work on the detail and proportions.


Final Product



My wire sculpture uses line to articulate motion because it has volume and three dimensional features to make it look forceful and realistic. I tried to add volume by wrapping the skinnier wire around the fatter wire, but I soon realized it wasn't working that way. Then, I tried using the skinnier wire to add volume. This was one of the most challenging parts of the project. I had a really hard time making my sketches look 3D. My sculpture had more volume and three dimensional features than my sketches did. With both, I wanted to execute power and strength, which I feel I eventually did with my sculpture. Shaping and bending the wire was hard, but once I got the hang of it, I felt more comfortable and confident to experiment and take risks.      

Throughout the line unit, I tried to experiment with different types of line within the drawing. I felt like I have matured as an artist and have learned more about lines and how important they are to a drawing.                     



No comments:

Post a Comment