Thursday, April 4, 2013

Interim Value Post

  • What are you trying to evoke in your work through the use of value?
  • How are you currently using value to influence your viewer's experience of the drawing and  photographs?
  • What specific techniques someone and habits do you need to focus on after break to fully merge your intentions with your final works?


As I complete my drawing and am able to reflect back on my process, I would say that I am trying to evoke emotion, whether that be happiness or sadness. Through the extreme values of black and white, especially in the second photo, I want to bring out a special quality in my work. Also, in the third photo there is a slightly less value scale, as most of it is grey. I am currently using value to make my viewer feel emotion. 
For the photos, I used a filter to makes the whites lighter and the blacks darker. I think it really made my main object, the glasses, stand out. Also, for a few of them I changed my aperture and time to adjust how much light was going to come in. For my drawing, I think it is harder to control the lights and darks, as it is all by hand. That is something I definitely need to work on; making my drawing have a wide range of values. Also, I think I need to work on detail, even though it will be really hard with charcoal. But, I am really excited to face the challenge. I have never really worked with charcoal before, but so far it's going okay.  








No comments:

Post a Comment